mercredi 13 juillet 2016

Picture Perfect (Geek Girl #3) - Holly Smale

Goodreads summary:

"My name is Harriet Manners, and I'll always be a geek."

It's the hilarious third book in the No.1 bestselling, award winning GEEK GIRL series!

Harriet Manners knows more facts than most. She knows that New York is the most populous city in the United States. She knows that its official motto is "Ever Upward". She knows that 28% of Americans believe we never landed on the moon.

But she knows nothing about modelling in the Big Apple, and how her family will cope with life stateside. Or how to "become a brand", as the models in New York put it. And, even more importantly, what to do when the big romantic gestures aren't coming from your boyfriend...

Does geek girl go too far this time?

The laugh out loud follow-up to award winning GEEK GIRL and MODEL MISFIT will have you in stitches.


My review:

I honestly love this series! It's light-hearted, it's very funny and it's always interesting, even if it's for an audience younger than me. 

As a bookworm who's been called a nerd, a geek or any variation of those names, I can relate a lot to Harriet Manners, the main character of this novel. I just love her! She's so authentic and her biggest quality has to be the fact that she doesn't try to hide her nerdiness, no matter who she's talking to. This quality is challenged a lot in this particular novel, because she meets a lot of people who immediately judge her, which shakes Harriet up a little bit when she starts fearing that she might be alone in all of this. She makes bad decisions, but in the end, she stays true to herself, which I admire a lot.

Harriet's relationship with Nick isn't doing so well in this novel, since they don't really see each other and both of them start questioning it. I think it's realistic, especially since they have just had their little honeymoon. I love how they still trust and love each other, no matter what. They're young, but their relationship kind of feels like they're older than they actually are. Also, Nick is ADORABLE. His thoughtfullness is really touching and he sounds like my dream guy, from everything I've read about him. I wish we'd seen a bit more of him in this novel, though, but I could never get enough of him anyways!

A big part of this novel is about Harriet's loneliness when she is away from her friends and her boyfriend. I could relate to her a lot, since I overthink like her, so this was a bit harder to read, since it's not as lighthearted as the rest of the series. This gave the series a more mature turn, since it's so different from the cute and funny scenes.

Overall, I really liked this book. I can't wait to get my hands on the fourth of the series, even though my library doesn't have it yet. WHAAAT?!

18665259

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire