vendredi 8 janvier 2016

Ready Player One - Ernest Cline

Goodreads summary:

In the year 2044, reality is an ugly place. The only time teenage Wade Watts really feels alive is when he's jacked into the virtual utopia known as the  OASIS. Wade's devoted his life to studying the puzzles hidden within this world's digital confines, puzzles that are based on their creator's obsession with the pop culture of decades past and that promise massive power and fortune to whoever can unlock them. When Wade stumbles upon the first clue, he finds himself beset by players willing to kill to take this ultimate prize. The race is on, and if Wade's going to survive, he'll have to win—and confront the real world he's always been so desperate to escape.


My review:

5/5

THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING.

I absolutely loved the pace of this book, because it made me crave for more all of the time. I felt like it was a video game, because I could never stop reading, just like you can't stop playing. It was a surreal experience between reading and playing that made me experience the story as if I had been playing instead of Wade. I think this is going to make the best movie ever.

I adored all the references, even though I must've known less than half of them. The author is as big of a fan of old movies, songs, TV shows and video games as Wade himself, which makes the reading experience incredible. I just love reading books from authors who know their stuff, and this was definitely one of them.

I think this book has amazing characters. The top players had an amazing chemistry and the battle scene was absolutely insane. I found myself loving their friendship (or more) and I wish I could read more about them, because they're just so smart and nice and incredible. I want them as my new best friends, basically.

Overall, this is freaking amazing. I would highly recommend this book.

9969571

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire