vendredi 13 novembre 2015

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) - Sarah J. Maas

Goodreads summary:

"A line that should never be crossed is about to be breached.

It puts this entire castle in jeopardy—and the life of your friend."


From the throne of glass rules a king with a fist of iron and a soul as black as pitch. Assassin Celaena Sardothien won a brutal contest to become his Champion. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown. She hides her secret vigilantly; she knows that the man she serves is bent on evil.

Keeping up the deadly charade becomes increasingly difficult when Celaena realizes she is not the only one seeking justice. As she tries to untangle the mysteries buried deep within the glass castle, her closest relationships suffer. It seems no one is above questioning her allegiances—not the Crown Prince Dorian; not Chaol, the Captain of the Guard; not even her best friend, Nehemia, a foreign princess with a rebel heart.

Then one terrible night, the secrets they have all been keeping lead to an unspeakable tragedy. As Celaena's world shatters, she will be forced to give up the very thing most precious to her and decide once and for all where her true loyalties lie... and whom she is ultimately willing to fight for.


My review:

5/5

Holy. Crap. 

You know when I read Throne of Glass and really liked it, but didn't understand how obsessed people got over this series? Well, that time is over. I am officially obsessed and crazy about this story. 

The very second I started this book, I knew there was no going back. I started discovering more and more details that intrigued me and made me want to know more about the story, which is why I ended up reading both the second and the third book in such a short time, especially considering I had to study and work during that time. This book has so much more secrets, plot twists and romance that I couldn't resist it. I felt every possible emotion and even more. I think that's what creates the addiction: the fact that you're feeling so much more than you should. Anyways, I'm not complaining (at least not until I get my grades for this term). 

This book starts off as romantic, light and adorable, but it gets darker and darker, until all you want to do is curl up and sob for hours. The whole process was too quick for me to understand it and when it was over, all I could think was "WHAT?!" for hours and hours. It's a lot more heartbreaking and dramatic than the first book, which is why I started loving the characters so much. At this point, I'd kill anyone who touches them. 

I cannot wait to see what this series has to offer (although I'll have to, because the entire series isn't out yet... Sigh.) and I would recommend to anyone, even to those who couldn't see its spark from the first book.

17167166

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire