lundi 6 juillet 2015

The Distance Between Us - Kasie West

If you're looking for a cute, short and light read, Kasie West has everything you could ask for.

In The Distance Between Us, money is a huge issue for Caymen. She's poor and she knows it, and for as long as she can remember, her mom has been talking badly about rich people, turning them into one big group of horrible people. But then, Caymen meets Xander, who's impossibly rich and nice. As they get closer, the reminder of their differences gets bigger and bigger, making her self-conscious and doubting.

I have to admit that I absolutely loved Xander's character. He's nice, caring and funny and I loved the way he handled Caymen's character. The chemistry between them is so adorable that I felt as if I was living my own love story, which is a great thing when it comes to romances (and a bad thing when the book ends and I realize that it was all fiction). Their relationship is light and relaxing and the little games they have add much to the story without being a huge part of the book.

There are many other characters in this novel, each one with a unique personality that made the story ever so interesting. Having read this after On The Fence, I was really excited to find out more about Skye's life, which I only discovered briefly but still loved. I also liked how every stereotype was destroyed in this novel, because I'm someone who's incredibly against them and I was happy to see them proved wrong.

Overall, this is a great story, not too light-hearted but still not too heavy. I am now positive that everything Kasie West writes is incredible and I can't wait to read more from her!

 
 15283043

4 commentaires:

  1. I haven't read any Kasie West yet! Obviously something I need to rectify! Glad you enjoyed it :)

    Ally @ The Scribbling Sprite

    RépondreEffacer
    Réponses
    1. You've been missing out! She's my go-to author for cheesy contemporaries, and not in a bad way. I highly recommend her books.

      Effacer
    2. I just wanted to mention...you've been mentioned! Right here: http://thescribblingsprite.blogspot.com/2015/07/new-discoveries-tag-special-announcement.html

      Effacer
    3. Thank you! It was really nice of you.

      Effacer